Atlas Copco Scholarship
This scholarship allows the
winner to spend a week of work experience with Atlas Copco in Australia, followed by
two weeks with Atlas Copco in Sweden.
Applications for the 2016 Atlas Copco Scholarship are CLOSED and will reopen in 2017.
The Scholarship recipient will receive one week with Atlas Copco in Australia to experience first-hand Atlas Copco's alliances with the Australian mining industry.
The recipient will also spend one week in Sweden at the production facilities in Orebro, with Atlas Copco's R&D marketing teams. After this total product overview, the winner will spend the second week visiting Swedish mine sites.
The scholarship is open only to AusIMM Student members studying at Australian, New Zealand and Papua New Guinean universities in the final two years of their Bachelor's Degree in technical courses of relevance to the minerals industry.
Ashleigh Walsh is a final year mining engineering student at the University of Adelaide. She has been actively involved in the AusIMM Adelaide Student Chapter and the Women in Mining Network of South Australia, taking on leadership roles in both committees.
Ashleigh has also been involved in the South Australian Youth and Junior Parliament programs, as a participant, a mentor and a member of the organisational body over a period spanning 5 years. A highlight of the programs for her was mentoring the Migrant Resource Centre team and meeting a fantastic group of young change-makers in the process.
- 2015: Rahel Abebe, Bachelor of Mining Engineering
(Honours), Federation University
Russell Brooks, Bachelor of Engineering (Mining), University of Adelaide
- 2013: Emma Beattie, Bachelor of Geology, James Cook University. Here is Emma's report, which will be delivered at the 2014 New Leaders' Conference.
- 2012: Christopher Brunero, Bachelor Engineering (Mining and Environmental) (Hons) (Deans Scholar) (International Studies
Minor), University of Wollongong. Here is Christopher's
paper, which was delivered at the 2013 New Leaders'
- 2011: Kathryn Serjeantson (Mining Engineering), University of New South Wales.
Here is Kathryn’s paper from the 2012 New Leaders’ Conference.
- 2010: Nathan Campbell (Mining Engineering), Curtin University (WASM).
Here is Nathan's abstract from the 2011 New Leaders’ Conference.
- 2009: Michael Webb-Martin (Mining Engineering and Finance), Curtin University (WASM).
Here is Michael’s paper from the 2010 New Leaders’ Conference.
- 2008: Kiri Bunker (Mining Engineering), University of New South Wales.
Here is Kiri’s paper from the 2009 New Leaders’ Conference.
- 2007: Megan Clasberg (Mining Engineering), University of New South Wales.
Here is Megan’s paper from the 2008 New Leaders’ Conference.
- 2006: Jack MacDiarmid (Mining Engineering), University of Queensland. Here is Jack’s paper from the 2007 New Leaders’ Conference.
For further information please contact:
Education & Careers
Phone: 03 9658 6138
Or submit your enquiry via Feedback