Orebody modelling and strategic mine planning are arguably the backbone of
our industry and represent an intricate, complex and critically important part
of mining ventures. They have a profound effect on the value of a mine, as well
as determining the technical plan to be followed from mine development to mine
closure. Topics covered include:
- Why Strategic Risk Management?
- New Practical Conditional Simulation Methods and Applications
- Advances in Conventional Mining Optimisation and Applications
- Integrated Large-Scale Applications
- Geological Uncertainty and Mineral Resources/Ore Reserves
- Geotechnical Risk and Mine Design
- Case Studies and Blending Optimisation
- New Concepts, Technologies and Directions
This second edition includes three additional papers highlighting new
developments, including integrated mine evaluation and mine management under
uncertainty; optimising ore extraction and in-pit dumping; and stochastic
simulation of orebody geology or wireframes with multi-point spatial
Book Review: Orebody Modelling and Strategic Mine Planning – Second
Edition. By Roger Bateman, Dempers & Seymour Pty Ltd.
Click here to
view contents pages
A new edition of this series was
published in 2010. Please see Advances in Orebody Modelling and Strategic Mine Planning I .