Fellow grade recognises those professionals with
extensive experience in the industry. Fellows must have a minimum of 10 years
industry experience with five years in roles of major responsibility or 15 years senior experience with a major personal accomplishment in the industry.
In addition to the key benefits of membership, Fellow grade advantages include:
- Global recognition of AusIMM membership and post
nominals, reinforcing members' qualifications and commitment to high standards
and professional development
- The opportunity to become a Chartered Professional
- Discipline-specific societies and interest groups that allow you to
develop in your chosen profession
- Contributing to the status and development of your chosen profession and to the minerals sector as a whole
- Lifestyle benefits and discounts through Austbrokers Countrywide, Member Advantage and other groups.
Want to know more? View a detailed list of the benefits of membership.
Qualification and experience
A copy of your CV and confirmation of your degrees, diplomas, etc. should be included with this application form. The only exception is in the case of reinstatement or grade transfer where qualifications have previously been approved. (If your degree is in a language other than English please submit a copy in English).
The following forms of confirmation are acceptable:
- Photocopy of the degree, diploma, academic transcript etc. certified by at least one sponsor as a true copy
- Formal statement from the tertiary institution specifying the degree, diploma, etc. granted.
Candidates for election to Fellow must, among other requirements, have held a position of Major Responsibility for at least five years, or have 15 years senior experience with a major personal accomplishment in the industry.
As part of your application, the following forms must be completed:
- Summary of major responsibilities
- Statement of major responsibilities
This proposal for admission to the grade of Fellow must be sponsored by 3 Corporate Members of The AusIMM (i.e. Honorary Fellow, Fellow or Member) of whom 2 must be Fellows of The AusIMM.
The following Information is required:
- First Name*
- Last Name*
- AusIMM Membership No*
- Job Title
- Grade of Membership*
- Relationship with sponsor (e.g. manager, colleague etc)
- Length sponsor has known you professionally (minimum 12 months)
*Minimum required information for Sponsor to be verified
Go to the subscription fees page to calculate your membership fees.
All applications received for admission or reinstatement that are terminated or expired prior to election to membership will incur a A$55.00 (includes GST) administration fee prior to refund.
For assistance with your membership application, please contact the Membership Department:
Phone: 1800 657 985 (within Australia) +61 3 9658 6130 (overseas).