Graduate members are young professionals who are in the early years of building their careers. Graduates receive the full membership benefits of the AusIMM at subsidised rates for the first three years after finishing university.
View the Graduate rates
Graduate membership helps you make a successful transition into the workforce and continue to build your skills and networks as you start out in your minerals career.
In addition to the key benefits of membership, unique benefits to Graduate
- Assistance in building your network of peers through the events and social forums of our dedicated group for young professionals, the New Professionals Network
- Targeted skill development with exclusive events for young professionals such as regular webinars and our annual New Leaders' Conference
- Support and mentoring from experienced professionals at local Branches
- Access to best practice guidelines that can steer you through
appropriate professional development for your chosen career path
- Opportunities to receive awards and recognition specifically for young
- Demonstrating your commitment to professional excellence and high ethical standards.
Qualification and experience
A copy of your CV and confirmation of your degrees, diplomas, etc. should be included with this application. The only exception is in the case of reinstatement, if required information has previously been approved.
The following forms of confirmation are acceptable:
- Photocopy of the degree, diploma, etc. certified by at least one sponsor as a true copy or
- Formal statement from the tertiary institution specifying the degree, diploma, etc. granted.
This proposal for admission to the grade of Graduate must be sponsored by 3 Corporate Members of The AusIMM (i.e. Honorary Fellow, Fellow or Member).
Sponsor requirements for this grade are somewhat flexible. Every proposal for reinstatement and transfer from Student to graduate shall be signed by the Head of Program under whom the student has been studying plus another academic, or by Head of Program plus a supervisor at the place of employment, or by 2 Corporate Members of The AusIMM (i.e. Honorary Fellow, Fellow or Member).
The following Information is required:
- First Name*
- Last Name*
- AusIMM Membership No*
- Job Title
- Grade of Membership*
*Minimum required information for Sponsor to be verified
Payment of Application fee
No Application fee is required for this Grade, however go to the subscription fees page to calculate your subscription fees.
For assistance with your membership application, please contact the Membership Department:
Phone: 1800 657 985 (within Australia) +61 3 9658 6130 (overseas).