Atlas Copco Scholarship
This scholarship allows the
winner to spend a week of work experience with Atlas Copco in Australia, followed by
two weeks with Atlas Copco in Sweden.
for the 2014 Atlas Copco Scholarship are NOW CLOSED.
For the one week with
Atlas Copco in Australia the winner of the scholarship will get a feel
for Atlas Copco's mining equipment and will also experience first hand Atlas
Copco's alliances with the Australian mining industry.
The first week in Sweden is spent at the production facilities in Orebro,
with Atlas Copco's R&D marketing teams. After this total product overview,
the winner will spend the second week visiting Swedish mine sites.
The scholarship is open only to AusIMM Student members studying at Australian, New
Zealand and Papua New Guinean universities in the final two years of their
Bachelor's Degree in technical courses of relevance to the minerals industry.
Applications closed 6 APRIL 2014.
Russell Brooks, Bachelor of Engineering (Mining), University of Adelaide
Russell is currently completing the final year of a Bachelor of Engineering (Mining) at The University of Adelaide. Russell completed his penultimate year of study on academic exchange at the Colorado School of Mines where he received a place on the Dean's List for academic merit. During his exchange program, Russell gained valuable industry experience working at the Edgar Experimental Mine, followed by Employment with the Kraemer Obayashi Joint Venture, Merco Inc. and Orica. Russell used his time in the Colorado to extend his networks, regularly attending SME events. Upon returning to Australia, Russell has been engaged in the activities of the AusIMM Adelaide Student Chapter.
Russell is also the recipient of a 2014 Education Endowment Fund Premium Scholarship.
The finalists for the 2014 Atlas Copco Scholarship were:
- Sandra Atkinson, Bachelor of Geology, James Cook
- Michael Genockey, Bachelor of Engineering (Mining) /
Bachelor of Science (Geology), The University of Adelaide.
- Chad St John, Bachelor of Engineering (Mining), Western Australian School of Mines
- William Thurlow, Bachelor of Engineering (Mining), The
University of Adelaide
- Albert Young, Bachelor of Engineering (Mining), University of New South Wales
- 2013: Emma Beattie, Bachelor of Geology, James Cook University. Here is Emma's report, which will be delivered at the 2014 New Leaders' Conference.
- 2012: Christopher Brunero Bachelor Engineering (Mining and Environmental) (Hons) (Deans Scholar) (International Studies
Minor), University of Wollongong. Here is Christopher's
paper, which was delivered at the 2013 New Leaders'
- 2011: Kathryn Serjeantson (Mining Engineering), University of New South Wales.
Here is Kathryn’s paper from the 2012 New Leaders’ Conference.
- 2010: Nathan Campbell (Mining Engineering), Curtin University (WASM.
Here is Nathan's abstract from the 2011 New Leaders’ Conference.
- 2009: Michael Webb-Martin (Mining Engineering and Finance), Curtin University (WASM).
Here is Michael’s paper from the 2010 New Leaders’ Conference.
- 2008: Kiri Bunker (Mining Engineering), University of New South Wales.
Here is Kiri’s paper from the 2009 New Leaders’ Conference.
- 2007: Megan Clasberg (Mining Engineering), University of New South Wales.
Here is Megan’s paper from the 2008 New Leaders’ Conference.
- 2006: Jack MacDiarmid (Mining Engineering), University of Queensland. Here is Jack’s paper from the 2007 New Leaders’ Conference.
For further information please contact:
Education & Careers
Phone: 03 9658 6138
Or submit your enquiry via Feedback