Atlas Copco Scholarship
This scholarship allows the
winner to spend a week of work experience with Atlas Copco in Australia, followed by
two weeks with Atlas Copco in Sweden.
Applications for the 2016 Atlas Copco Scholarship are
The Scholarship recipient will receive one week with Atlas Copco in Australia to experience first-hand Atlas Copco's alliances with the Australian mining industry.
The recipient will also spend one week in Sweden at the production facilities in Orebro, with Atlas Copco's R&D marketing teams. After this total product overview, the winner will spend the second week visiting Swedish mine sites.
The scholarship is open only to AusIMM Student members studying at Australian, New Zealand and Papua New Guinean universities in the final two years of their Bachelor's Degree in technical courses of relevance to the minerals industry.
Rahel is currently completing a Bachelor of Mining Engineering (Honours) at Federation University in Ballarat, Victoria.
She is originally from Ethiopia, having arrived as a refugee in 1996. Rahel completed a Bachelor of Science at The University of Melbourne before commencing her studies
in mining engineering. She has been involved in Women in Resources Victoria (WIRV), the AusIMM Melbourne Student Chapter and attended the 2015 New Leaders Conference and International Mining Games in Kalgoorlie.
Rahel is involved in the Melbourne City Mission as a volunteer tutor for financially disadvantaged students as well as having worked within the VCAL program aiding students who support with their learning and/or social skills. Rahel is the Student Representative on Engineers Industry Advisory Group (E.I.A.G).
Rahel received the AusIMM Victoria Women’s Auxiliary Award in 2013.
Russell Brooks, Bachelor of Engineering (Mining), University of Adelaide
- 2013: Emma Beattie, Bachelor of Geology, James Cook University. Here is Emma's report, which will be delivered at the 2014 New Leaders' Conference.
- 2012: Christopher Brunero Bachelor Engineering (Mining and Environmental) (Hons) (Deans Scholar) (International Studies
Minor), University of Wollongong. Here is Christopher's
paper, which was delivered at the 2013 New Leaders'
- 2011: Kathryn Serjeantson (Mining Engineering), University of New South Wales.
Here is Kathryn’s paper from the 2012 New Leaders’ Conference.
- 2010: Nathan Campbell (Mining Engineering), Curtin University (WASM.
Here is Nathan's abstract from the 2011 New Leaders’ Conference.
- 2009: Michael Webb-Martin (Mining Engineering and Finance), Curtin University (WASM).
Here is Michael’s paper from the 2010 New Leaders’ Conference.
- 2008: Kiri Bunker (Mining Engineering), University of New South Wales.
Here is Kiri’s paper from the 2009 New Leaders’ Conference.
- 2007: Megan Clasberg (Mining Engineering), University of New South Wales.
Here is Megan’s paper from the 2008 New Leaders’ Conference.
- 2006: Jack MacDiarmid (Mining Engineering), University of Queensland. Here is Jack’s paper from the 2007 New Leaders’ Conference.
For further information please contact:
Education & Careers
Phone: 03 9658 6138
Or submit your enquiry via Feedback